[Euroforth] Death of Howerd Oakford (from Gerald Wodni)

Anton Ertl anton at a4.complang.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 24 19:22:15 CET 2023

Stephen Pelc has posted the following message from Gerald Wodni in
comp.lang.forth:

It is with great sadness, that I have to announce the Death of Howerd Oakford.
Howerd was hit by a car while cycling on the bike lane. He was not able to
recover and died 2 days later on the 16th of November in hospital.

He was a great thinker and tinkerer in the Forth community and he will
always be remembered as such.  His efforts to understand the most
complex inner functions of projects like colorForth, and presenting
them in an entertaining and engaging way were unique and will be
missed.

His wife, Rita Oakford said that he was very much looking forward meeting us
again at next year's EuroForth - As were we of course looking forward seeing
him again.
He will be cremated and put to rest in a forest the week before Christmas.
Rita would welcome some attendance from the Forth community, I will announce
the details here.

All the best to Howerd on his final journey.

Sincerely,
Gerald